Thursday 6 October 2016

OUGD603 - Extended Practice - First Meeting For Collaboration

Today I met with Charlotte Curnick from BA Illustration to discuss the potential for collaboration on a brief that I have written for Extended Practice. I was put in contact with Charlotte through a fellow course mate which was convenient as it meant that I didn't have to spend time searching for an illustrator on my own. This has allowed me to have an efficient start to the year which I feel good about.

We discussed my key concerns that I had outlined in the written brief and the ones that Charlotte had developed based on initial conversation online. We also established a time frame to work to, aiming to make it as realistic as possible. We agreed that it would be beneficial to start working on producing some initial content for the publication before the Christmas break, in order to have a basis of work to develop further after COP is handed in at the beginning of January. We agreed that meeting at least once a week would be a good idea, or once every other week depending on our schedules.

At this stage, we see the project being completed by around March 2017, as we both agreed that it would be beneficial to spend quite a long time on the project in order to achieve a successful aesthetic, tone of voice and overall finish on the publication.

In prep for our next meeting, I am going to spend some time considering the content more carefully, thinking about exactly what it is I want to communicate to the intended target audience. Charlotte is going to do more or less the same and think carefully about the aesthetic and type of illustrative approach she will take. We also agreed to start making mood boards that will guide us through the initial stages of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment