Wednesday 19 October 2016

OUGD603 - Penguin Random House

The Penguin Random House design awards have been announced and I am looking forward to getting my teeth sunk into at least one of the titles this year. I really enjoyed this brief last year and I think I will definitely get a lot out of it again in terms of experience and extending my practice. 

The titles this year are:

Adult Non Fiction: Fiction: In Cold Blood
Adult Fiction: To Kill A Mockingbird
Children's: The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 and Three Quarters





My first thoughts are that most people are going to be drawn to the Adult Fiction title purely because it is such a well known title and loved by plenty of people. That one would appear to be the most obvious choice, so I will probably not design for this title.

I am intrigued by the other two titles, as I haven't heard of them before and it would be an interesting task to design for a children's book as well as quite a heavy, dark non-fiction title. I definitely want to use this brief as a platform to push me out of my comfort zone.

I am going to begin by doing initial research into the titles and start sketching out preliminary ideas/concepts, then get feedback from my peers and tutors before progressing any further. I realise that feedback is going to be very important this year in relation to the development of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment