Friday 14 October 2016

OUGD603 - TRJFP - What Will I Make?

From the meeting I had with Sharon from The Real Junk Food Project, we established that I would be creating a set of posters which would appear in all of the cafe's the charity has across the Leeds. These posters must be A2 in size and communicate the information in a simple, effective way. The aesthetic and general design treatment is completely down to me, which makes me excited as I pretty much have full creative freedom with this brief.

I must produce at least:

- 1 poster summarising the aims of TRJFP
- 1 poster summarising the Pay As You Feel concept
- 1 poster welcoming the customers to specific cafe
- 1 poster describing what TRJFP does/is all about

I am also allowed to produce small stand up leaflets that will be positioned on tables within the cafe's explaining in a little more detail exactly what TRJFP stands for and why it is a hugely useful cause. This should be a good experience in terms of improving my typesetting and compositional skills.

In OUGD505, I produced a small, low budget zine that contained background information about food waste, its relevance to modern society, food insecurity and all the associated issues. I also included a few easy recipes that can be made which utilise leftover ingredients and so on. Sharon really liked my initial design for this small publication and said that I could possible re-design it and re-examine it's purpose and context. This will be great as it will give me more to do than simple design posters. Below are some excerpts from the zine:




No comments:

Post a Comment