Friday 14 October 2016

OUGD603 - Extended Practice - Dialogue with The Real Junk Food Project

For my OUGD505 ethics based brief, I decided to undertake a branding, identity and promotion project for Leeds based charity: The Real Junk Food Project. This is a cause that I feel really passionate about and want to contribute to in my own way, so I saw OUGD505 as being the perfect context to undertake the work. 

I feel I produced some really exciting, well considered work, so after the module had finished, I took it upon myself to contact the head of the charity to discuss potential for collaboration over the summer. I sent through some of the key pieces of work I produced within college to gain his insight, feedback and constructive criticism. He initially took a while to respond, but once we established a dialogue, I was able to extend the work further. 

The initial feedback received was really positive and made me feel great about the concepts I had generated. Adam wrote:

'Thank you kindly for your efforts, we really appreciate it.

In regards to your initial designs, what is the overall intention of your work. Are you offering to design specific material to contribute to the project, or do you wish to supply us with core materials and designs that we can work with to expose our work?


Once both parties are clear on your outcomes, then we can move forward much more productively.


Kind regards, Adam Smith'


I responded with:


'I am willing to develop the work so that it could act as 'core material', which would then have the potential to be extended and built upon in the future, evolving with the project as it expands.

I think it would also be really exciting to push my initial 'guerrilla' poster designs further in order to help spread awareness of the project on a local, national and international scale, ultimately contributing to the projects overall efforts.'


We then didn't communicate an awful lot over the summer period as I was travelling and they were very busy, but at the beginning of September, I got back in touch and we arranged a date to meet up to discuss designs and potential expansion of my original work. 



No comments:

Post a Comment